Skip Navigation Website Accessibility

Thread Collective Printed Sampler: Take Care of Each Other

This lovely sampler was designed by Sayuri Sasaki Hemann and was the first sampler released in the Thread Collective Iowa City Embroidery Subscription. 

This sampler can be stitched minimally or stitched to your heart's desire and completely filled--either way it will look SO GOOD. The final embroidery can be stretched over a frame to add to your art collection, made into a pillow, stitched onto the back of a jean jacket (or anything else you can dream, up!).  Check out #threadcollectiveic on instagram!

This Listing is for the printed sampler only.  A floss collection that coordinates with this sampler can be found HERE.

TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER by Sayuri Sasaki Hemann

2020 has been a year that this sentiment to care for others feels more pertinent than ever.  As you stitch these words into the cloth, I would love for you to ask yourself:  How do I care for others around me?  How do others care for me?  

Beneath the surface, we are all connected … just like the intertangled threads on the back of our embroidered pieces. 

ABOUT SAYURI

Sayuri Sasaki Hemann is a multidisciplinary artist living and working in Iowa City, IA.  She works seamlessly between many mediums using materials familiar and unfamiliar. Sayuri’s works often explore the themes of one’s relationship to the surrounding environment, and finding self in relation to place, space and time.

Instagram handle: @sayurisworld